Episode: 1.03 “Snow Falls”
- Snow White and Prince Charming’s first interaction. GOLD!! She’s a thief and then she clocks him with a rock when he captures her, allowing her time to escape. Absolutely better than anything I could have expected!
- The conversation between Charming and Snow while she’s hanging in the net/trap. I LOVE THEM!! In fact, here, have a YouTube clip of that scene. I love her snarky “Good luck with that. You must be getting something impressive to have agreed to that union.”
- Josh Dallas being ridiculously gorgeous. ALWAYS a like.
- LOVE the music in this episode. Particularly that rousing theme used when Charming is saving Snow’s life from the Queen’s guards.
- Princess Abigail. Obviously meant to be the rival for Charming’s affections but she’s just so… UGH. Spoiled and generally leaves a bad taste (so to speak). I’m hoping we don’t see much of her in the series.
Episode: 1.02 “The Thing You Love Most”
(Apologies that this was so wordy – I’d forgotten so much happened in this ep!!)
- Regina bringing Emma a basket of apples = brilliant! I love the parallel with the traditional story of the Evil Queen bringing Snow White a poison apple.
- Lana Parilla totally rocking the Evil Queen this episode!!
- The introduction of Maleficent! Out of all the Disney/fairytale baddies, she is one of my faves!
- The scene where Emma takes a chainsaw to Regina’s beloved apple tree = WIN!!
- The reveal of the connection between Mr Gold and Regina.
- Emma being framed by Regina (stealing Dr Hopper’s files on Henry). REALLY, Mayor? *rolls eyes* Where’s the originality?
- No Snow and Charming. *pout*
Episode: 1.01 “Pilot”
- The casting. Cast are superb in their roles from the stunning Snow White to the deliciously evil Queen. And I’m happy to say that, while most kids of his age tend to annoy me in TV shows, I’m actually quite fond of Henry! (Kudos to Jared Gilmore for not making him obnoxious but kind of lovable instead!)
- The cinematography is beautiful. Particularly that first scene with Prince Charming racing to find Snow White in time. So glad they’re filming this in Canada!
- A kick-ass Snow White! I LOVE the fact that, on her own wedding day, she draws Prince Charming’s sword on the Evil Queen. ♥
- Some of the special effects were a bit bleh but it’s a TV show on a TV show budget, not a blockbuster movie. I’m willing to overlook that as this is really the only fault I could find!