I’m taking the opportunity to rewatch the episodes as they air on the local network here. Just from the pilot, there are a couple of things I noted that made me go “Hmmmm…”.
- Just after Emma crashes her bug, we see the pages of the book flip open and it shows an image of the Caterpillar from the episode “Hat Trick” .
- After Regina says goodbye to Emma (supposedly for the last time), she comes down the stairs and stands in front of her mirror with The Book. You can clearly tell now that she’s panicking – her secret is on the verge of being revealed.
There were a couple of other things that sounded weird having now watched the entire season. I’ve placed these other spoilers behind the cut as I go a bit more in-depth.
Episode: 1.01 “Pilot”
- The casting. Cast are superb in their roles from the stunning Snow White to the deliciously evil Queen. And I’m happy to say that, while most kids of his age tend to annoy me in TV shows, I’m actually quite fond of Henry! (Kudos to Jared Gilmore for not making him obnoxious but kind of lovable instead!)
- The cinematography is beautiful. Particularly that first scene with Prince Charming racing to find Snow White in time. So glad they’re filming this in Canada!
- A kick-ass Snow White! I LOVE the fact that, on her own wedding day, she draws Prince Charming’s sword on the Evil Queen. ♥
- Some of the special effects were a bit bleh but it’s a TV show on a TV show budget, not a blockbuster movie. I’m willing to overlook that as this is really the only fault I could find!